Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pastries and Portabellas

Ow.

My legs are killing me.

I don't think my calf muscles have EVER hurt this bad.

EVER.

That being said, when I woke up this morning I was highly concerned about working out again today. Then I decided that I would just effing do it, and skip any jumping jacks if they were in the mix. (I'm convinced it was the jumping jacks that destroyed my legs.) And I also decided that I would maybe just take it a little easier today than I did Monday. Here is today's workout:


Warm-Up:
15 slow-ish deep lunges
20 supermans
60 seconds butterfly stretch
30 seconds each leg pigeon stretch
15 shoulder pass throughs
30 seconds each arm shoulder stretch across chest
Workout:
12 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible–so, work as hard as you can for 12 minutes and do as many rounds as possible of the following):
10 lunges with 10 lb. weights
15 air squats
20 speed skaters (count each side)
10 tuck jumps
Before I worked out, I was on Pinterest. As I've said before, I'm trying to cook more of my own food instead of just buying it from someone else. I found a recipe for some stuffed pastries, and decided that, to reward myself for working out, I would get to bake something! I know, for some people baking something isn't really exciting or a reward at all, but for me, getting to roll out dough, mix up filling, and smell the pastries as they're baking is one of my favorite things. (If I didn't end up going to Cosmetology school, I was going to go to Culinary school.)

My mouth is watering already.

Fast forward to dinner time.

I am a huge Pinterest nerd. I have my boards organized like crazy, and one of my favorites is the one entitled "Food". You can probably guess what that's all about! Anyways, one of the things I saw on that wonderful website was what I call "Portabella Pizza". No, it's not pizza with Portbella mushrooms on it...It's Portabella mushroom with cheese and tomatoes on it!

Here's what it sorta looks like:

Except mine looks nothing like that.

I made mine with seasoned goat cheese and roma tomatoes, then drizzled vegetable oil over the top and sprinkled just a TINY bit of salt and pepper on top. Since Portabellas and goat cheese already have such strong flavors, I didn't really want to mess with how they taste. So, those beauties went in a pan and I baked them at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms were tender. Mine weren't terribly thick, so they didn't take too long.

I love having a side dish or two with my entree, so I decided to make some gluten free spaghetti. But, that's boring. So I chopped up some asparagus and sauteed it with butter, salt, and pepper, then tossed it in with the spaghetti.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to leftovers. :]

Here's a nice photo of dinner during preparation for you.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment