Friday, March 8, 2013

Day One

Okay, so day one didn't go that great. I had some small victories, but overall I could use some improvement.

I started off the day with 30 minutes of yoga. I haven't done this yoga DVD in a while, and I forgot how hard it is...Definitely not for a beginner like me. (Plus, I needed some yoga bricks which I don't have so I had to modify some of the poses in ways that probably were counter-productive...) Also, I didn't put my dogs away first and they were curious as to why I was on the floor, so they kept coming over and interrupting me to investigate. In the end, I discovered two things for my next round of yoga: 1) Put the dogs away before starting, and 2) Buy some damn yoga bricks!

Then came breakfast. I ate a whole grain, gluten-free bagel with cream cheese and two small, vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies with a glass of juice.

For lunch I had some mixed vegetables (carrots, snap peas, and cauliflower) in a butter sauce with some iced white tea and a slice of smoked Gouda cheese.

Dinner I had a white chocolate and Macadamia nut Luna bar (which was super delicious, by the way), and some roasted potatoes from Hy Vee with water and a coffee.

I ran to Target after work and after that was feeling really shaky and woozy (why, I'm not exactly sure...In hindsight I'm thinking maybe I needed some more protein today?), so I got a small chocolate shake from DQ.

All in all, not too bad, but it could have been WAY better. I think I need to be better at planning out my meals. I'm fairly busy and when I'm working I'm usually scarfing down food when I have a break between haircuts, and it usually ends up being whatever's easy and on hand, which tends to be chips, cookies, crackers, etc...I think some planning would benefit me.

Also, I'm thinking I need less carbohydrates and more protein to avoid shaky spells like the one I'm still recovering from. (If I remember correctly, at some doctor's appointment years ago I was told I was hypoglycemic, so I really should be watching my starchy foods and carbs and sugar intake to balance that out, but some days I'm reeeaaallyyyy bad about it.)

I was going to do relaxation yoga to wind down tonight and get ready for sleep, but I'm already so tired and fairly relaxed so I don't think it's too necessary at this point. Tomorrow is my "rest" day in my workout schedule (which will technically begin on Sunday), but I will probably still do some yoga at some point, even if it's just the quick, 15 minute one.

I'm going to try tomorrow to plan better for lunch...I have some lettuce in the refrigerator that's beckoning to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment