Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to reality. Oh, there goes gravity!

So, I'm probably the worst blogger ever.

Obviously, consistency is not my forte, but I'm back.

Last week was crazy busy because work was busy, and my fiancee and I were planning and packing for our trip to Chicago. We just got back last night. We ate great food, saw awesome things, and realized we never want to visit the city of Chicago again. It. Was. Insanity. The drivers are insane, the roads are confusing (so much so that our GPS kept getting confused), the people flip you off when you drive the speed limit (seriously, nobody obeyed any of the driving laws...Everybody was speeding, no one switched lanes for emergency vehicles, half the people didn't use their turn signals....), and everyone was getting shot or stabbed or hit by trains.

Seriously.

The hotel we stayed at had the news on every morning in their little breakfast area and the whole time we sat there eating breakfast, it was headline after headline saying who got killed and how it happened. I don't understand why anyone would ever want to live in Chicago. EVER.

Anyways, we're back, and now that my schedule won't be SO intense, it's time to start really putting my nose to the grindstone and get WELL! I got up early this morning so I could do a work out. I can't remember if I posted this before, so I will again...I'm alternating a CrossFit style workout with yoga and cycling on my stationary bike (and once all this damn snow melts, biking outside on the trails!). The workout I found at The Ascent Blog, which I found via Pinterest. (Don't'cha just love Pinterest?) Anyways, she does CrossFit and posted an entry about a beginner's workout with three different workout/warmup combos and links to videos on YouTube explaining some of the moves. I'll be giving number one a try today. I have a feeling I'm going to be hurtin' tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment